24 Pictures That Prove Pit Bulls Are Nothing but Big Softies

Pit bulls get a bad rap for being vicious, but the truth is the vast majority of them are nothing but big ole’ softies…

Previously: This is Why We Have Dogs (22 Pics)

This entry was posted in Lists and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to 24 Pictures That Prove Pit Bulls Are Nothing but Big Softies

1. Auntie Wysaski says:

It’s all fun and games until it eats your baby…

2. paolo says:

Dear pit owners,
    Stop cropping their farking ears!
    This ‘fashionable’mutilation is merely an echo of the days of dog fighting.
    Thank you.

• Vixie says:

Not all owners crop their ears. Sometimes, when you adopt a pit from the shelter, the ears are already cropped because they were rescued. Also, some breeders will crop the ears to increase sales. I don’t know how that works exactly, but yeah. Just FYI.

3. heather says:

hi, the pit on the treadmill is being trained for fighting, they use this technique to build their stamina. just that I would put that out there.

• Josh says:

Or they’re lazy and choose to walk their dogs this way.

• Star says:

My pit bull loved to run…. we couldn’t keep up with him…. So we would go out into the woods on a dirt road… let Butch out and then take off very fast… he would chase us and be very happy. I wish I would have owned a treadmill back then, he would of loved it.

• Artie says:

Or maybe it’s just a pitbull on a treadmill and you don’t know what you’re talking about. Just ‘that’ I’d put that out there.

• Romina says:

Awful!
      I believe it… his leash is too short to get out of it if he wanted to :(
      SAD!!!

Actually walking any kind of dog on a treadmill is a great indoor form of exercise for energetic dogs or lazy owners who don’t take care of their pets appropriately.

Just thought I would put that out there.

• Susie M says:

and sometimes – no matter how much you exercise your dog – it’s not enough – the treadmill helps burn off excess energy- not a substitute – but in addition to regular walking – just ‘cos it’s on a treadmill doesn’t automatically mean it’s for fighting – plus, when there’s 2 – 3 feet of snow outside – and the temps are so cold that your nose freezes if you inhale – the treadmill is the way to go.

• Mina says:

That dog is actually in physical rehab because she was rescued from an abusive owner who damaged her hips from beating on her. The treadmill is to strengthen her hips in a controlled environment with her vet nearby… Way to do your research and make crappy assumptions.

• Petty says:

Actually I believe that footage is from Animal Planet’s “Too Cute” series. They put mamma on the treadmill because they didn’t want her going outside while she was still nursing the pups, but she needed to exercise.

She is monitored closely for stress and anxiety and would be pulled off the treadmill at the first sign of it.

• Bobbo says:

Yeah. if you look to the left, there is a full dumbell set and bench for when the dog gets done building up stamina so it can start bulking up.

4. @heather says:

uhh or they’re having it walk on the treadmill because the weather outside is gross?

5. Cesar says:

A putbull is a dog, and a dog is a “mans best friend” dogs are loyal and loving to their owner, if a dog is abused then the dog is only familiar with violence because he thinks it right since his owner, his master, and the person he loves only shows violence, if a dog is showed love and care that’s all what the dog knows, My blue nose putbull Sam, short for Samantha is the most loving creature I’ve ever met, is like she understands what love is and I appreciate the people who understand what dogs, an assuming a putbull is in a treadmill means it is training for fighting that’s stupid, would u assume If I put a Lab or a cat on a treadmill that it is training for fighting? Think before about what you say about a mans best friend

6. Austin says:

This was a great post until I saw all the bitching in the comments. Quit judging a dog and its owner off of one GIF or picture. Context is everything.