14 Coloring Book Corruptions

The blog Coloring Corruptions is dedicated to completely ruining the innocence of children’s coloring books. The results are pleasantly twisted… [via]

Previously: 20 Out-of-Context Cartoons

This entry was posted in Lists and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to 14 Coloring Book Corruptions

1. Lisa says:

That one with the alien and the astronaut looked pretty corrupted even without color.

2. Shauna says:

I can see how some people may find this funny. When looking at it from an objective point of view, it is really interesting how these were transformed. However, this is really disturbing. The self-harm pictures trivialized the battles that some of your viewers are fighting every minute.

The internet is one of the ways some people escape certain harsh realities. There are plenty of emotional triggers that can make people want to self-harm without having to accidentally view them from the comfort of their own home. I would have expected this website to be more sensitive to its viewers.

I am really disappointed. I am trying not to be upset about this, but I am.

Thank you for reading.

• bryn says:

The title was ‘Coloring book corruptions’. I’m not sure what you expected.

• Squid says:

Well, I find it incredibly funny. Laughing is a great way for some to deal with the battles they are fighting every minute.

Or look at it this way: you see a cute coloring book character, but what do you know about their inner life? Maybe they are depressed, or they are homicidal maniacs, or they live with the fear of someone ripping their hearts out? A true eye opener.

• Snuzzle says:

I mean, if you want a trigger warning on everything, maybe you should go back to tumblr.

• poop says:

as someone with a history of self harm, i thought it was hilarious and it did not trigger me at all. so there’s that. if you are easily triggered by imagery alone, there is a good chance that you should not be using the internet unsupervised.

• Meap says:

Comedy equals tragedy plus time.

3. wakawaka says:

Oh, go eat poo, Shauna.

products of a messed up mind. that last one is hilarious.

5. Susan says:

It’s HUMOR you ass hat…as someone who has self-harmed when I was younger seeing the picture of the teddy bear did not make me want to run and cut…If I am that delicate do you think I should even be on the internet…unclench your sphincter and breathe.