20 Images That Prove Grammar and Punctuation Are Important

the oatmeal

This entry was posted in Pic Dumps and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to 20 Images That Prove Grammar and Punctuation Are Important

1. Olof says:

Spelling is not grammar and complaining about correct punctuation when one uses a grave accent instead of an apostrophe makes the argument invalid.

2. Dreama says:

Hahaha! I loved this! Totally subscribing now! ^__^

3. Jisty says:

At best serial a comma is unnecessary, and can frequently cause confusion.

4. Steve says:

Of course the Oxford comma is redundant if you correctly introduce the list (as in the “incorrect” instance) with a colon.

We invited the strippers: JFK and Stalin.

5. Anthony says:

The fifth one down, about the average American, is just a badly worded sentence. There is no way any sort of Punctuation would make that sentence any better without adding words.

6. Jay an says:

Today, 3/11/13 I took a NYS DEC exam , the misspelling , grammar and punctuation was so horrific that I failed the exam costing me hundreds of dollars and my pride. I quickly made the test proctor aware of the situation . But nothing can be done now.

• AdamWest'sButtDouble says:

Did you mean…

Today, 3/11/13, I took a NYS DEC exam. The spelling, grammar and punctuation were so horrific that I failed the exam and lost hundreds of dollars and my pride. I quickly made the test proctor aware of the situation. Nothing, however, can be done now.

If you can’t get the “spelling, grammar and punctuation” right, how can you judge others’ as “horrific”?

7. Passing buy says:

In the ‘Than’ example, is it sepposed to be a lesson? or another joke. The example actually means “I’m much better at holding my liquor than holding a panda bear”.
    The correct sentence for the desired meaning should be “I’m much better at holding my liquor than a panda bear is.”